Arise, cry out in the night, at the beginning of the night watches!
Pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord!
Lift your hands to him for the lives of your children, who faint for hunger at the head of every street.

Lamentations 2:19 ESV


Monday, March 24, 2014

The Powerful Voice of God

I was listening to a Christian radio station on the car radio one morning when the female announcer read Job 37:5 (from the NLT), "God's voice is glorious in the thunder. We can't even imagine the greatness of his power." Then, she said, "So USE it!"
 
How right on! Her words really had meaning particularly to me as I had just left a meeting with other moms where we praised the Lord using His own voice through His Word and then prayed His voice, His Word, for our children.
 
My voice often is powerless. But, when I pray the Word of the Lord, my voice echoes His. And that makes all the difference.

 
Believe Me when I assure you, most solemnly I tell you,
the time is coming and is here now
when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God
and those who hear it shall live.
John 5:25 (AMP)


No comments:

Post a Comment